Take the time to plan out your trim when you take the final plunge to paint an interior room. It can make or break an indoor landscape.
The experts at Premium Painting give you the best tips for making your trim pop all over the house.
1. Make sure you use a top-notch painter’s tape. Having a clean line from the trim to the indoor wall spells out professional. Cheap painter’s tape can bleed through the lines, leaving lots of touch up work.
2. Taping trim colors against your wall is paramount. It’s always good advice. Interior trim painting can make sure the trim color is perfect before you begin. Get a number of color swatches to make sure you get the full palette of effect before you make a final decision.
3. Glossy for highlighting and flat for low lighting. Pick the right type of paint can make all the different in what you want to showcase. A glossy paint finish will make your trim gleam while a flatter finish will hide flaws in your trim.
4. Lighting, Lighting, Lighting. It matters. After you have positioned your color swatches, make sure you look at them in bright light to get the perfect match. Open a window, see what it looks like with natural light and more.
5. Splurge with a professional. Find out what the experts are doing and contact us now. Doing the trim work yourself can be time-consuming and frustrating. Hiring a professional painter for the trim work will give you a longer shelf life for your trim.